Hand, foot, and mouth disease HFMD is a common infection caused by a group of viruses. The viruses that cause HFMD are spread through close personal contact, through the air from coughing and the feces of an infected person. Handwashing may prevent spread, and those infected should not go to work, daycare or school. HFMD occurs in all areas of the world.
Hand Foot and Mouth Disease - stock photo
Hand, foot and mouth disease - NHS
Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is a suddenly appearing acute , self-limited viral disease caused by viruses of the enterovirus group, particularly Coxsackievirus A The development incubation period from infection to symptoms is short, from 3—6 days. The disease is highly contagious and often spreads from child to child and then from child to adult. Widespread epidemic outbreaks usually occur from June to October. Complications from hand-foot-and-mouth disease rarely occur, but they may include pneumonia, inflammation of the heart or brain, or miscarriage in pregnant women who become infected. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is not related to foot-and-mouth disease seen in animals. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease most often occurs in infants and children under 10, but teens and adults can also get it.
Signs & Symptoms
Hand-foot-and-mouth disease — a mild, contagious viral infection common in young children — is characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is most commonly caused by a coxsackievirus. There's no specific treatment for hand-foot-and-mouth disease. Frequent hand-washing and avoiding close contact with people who are infected with hand-foot-and-mouth disease may help reduce your child's risk of infection. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease often causes a rash of painful, red, blister-like lesions on the palms of the hands.
Pink and her entire family are currently traveling all around the world as part of her Beautiful Trauma tour. And let me just tell you, they have not been having the easiest time. The singer was forced to cancel two concerts in Sydney, Australia after being hospitalized for dehydration and a gastric virus.